Sunday, 15 July 2012

Mom's last birthday


Mom's Birthday was August the 8th...a Leo like my Dad (his birthday was on the 17th).  We had a very nice birthday party...with Mom playing the piano at the end...good memories!

Looks too good to eat!

Wonderful gifts and cards....

Look at that grin!



Time to open presents!

Good friends gabbing

Mom looking likes she up to something!




Coffee time!

Story-telling!

Mom is a little shy...not!

The pianist...

2 comments:

  1. My Aunt Ruth Marie... She was actually my Mom's first cousin but they were raised together and were more sister than cousin. She loved life and having fun. My Dad would tease her relentlessly but she always laughed and enjoyed the attention with the love it was given. Mom passed away in '99 in Houston. My father, brother, sister and I stayed at my Aunt's for several weeks inorder to be with Mom. She never complained or mentioned it. Her condo was beautiful and we had it in such a mess but she didn't care. She loved us. My birthday came while we going thru this horrible ordeal. By the way, my Aunt was a phenomenal cook. She asked me what my favorite pie was and I said pecan. The pie was fantastic. She and my sister made a very bad situation a very special day for me.
    Whenever you went to see Aunt Ruth Marie she would go thru her house looking around for something to give you, which I never understood; however, the greatest gift she ever gave me, was her love. Wish I had recorded her playing piano. She was my biggest fan and I hers. Tell Mom and Dad hello for me.
    Love forever,
    Kelli Grant, the Queen of Swing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kelli...I will have a recording up soon! I have made it into a mini-movie....will let you know!

      Love,
      Debbie

      Delete